I’m continually asked to recommend reading lists. My personal point of view is you can never read enough.
Read deep and read wide. The more you read, the more you’ll get to understand the opposite sex and the more you’ll realise that absolutely everything begins with ‘You.’
I’d encourage anyone who is either trying to grasp The Rules; understand the differences between men and women; or anyone who is either dating or in a relationship to start a healthy reading habit.
The best part is you don’t have to agree with any of the advice given because you get to form your own view.
There are lots of books out there. Here’s part 1 (in the order that I found them useful) to get you started.
- The Rules I and II by Ellen Fein and Sherrie Schneider
- The Rules for Online Dating by Ellen Fein and Sherrie Schneider
- Text. Love. Power. by Vanessa Taylor
- Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus by John Gray
- Mars and Venus Together Forever by John Gray
- Why He Didn’t Call You Back by Rachel Greenwald
- Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man by Steve Harvey
- Straight Talk, no Chaser by Steve Harvey
I know buying all these books can be expensive. If you're part of a Rules Group or are doing The Rules with a friend you could spilt the costs by setting up a book swap/libary type thing.
Alternatively look out for my website launching soon. I was hoping to have launched the site by now but my full time advertising day job/dating/day to day London life gets in the way.
Anyway I'll be doing the hard work for you by reviewing all the above books and by pulling out the most useful sections.